Have a Story Suggestion?
Saskatoon HOME magazine is always on the lookout for great story suggestions! And as alwas, stories run in the magazine are always FREE!
So what makes a good story?
- Visually captivating.
- The general concept of the story can be defined in a sentence or two.
- Satisfies the question "Would readers of Saskatoon HOME magazine want to
read this story?"
- Stories must be related to homes or home owners in Saskatoon in some way.
- Ideas can be about a homes interior or exterior.
- One other tip is to submit ideas sooner than later. If there is a particular issue you feel the story would be best suited for include this in the submission.
Why are stories free in Saskatoon HOME magazine?
Saskatoon HOME does not write advertorials (this is story that is paid for by a business rather than it being written by a writer from an unbiased perspective). Ever hear the term "Content is King?" Well that is our belief at Saskatoon HOME magazine - have the most interesting and relevant stories, written by the best writers, with photos from great photographers, and our readers will love us. Advertising revenue supports the magazine, and with consumers in the highly desirable demographic that we reach, the advertisers want those readers attention. So it is a win-win for our readers and advertisers – and for you if your story is selected and run for free!
Here is the process a story idea goes through:
1) All of the story ideas we see around the city, or are submitted to us by home owners or business are compiled for a specific issue of the magazine.
2) We run these story ideas past our reader panel. This panel is made up of 6 volunteers that rotate every issue who are readers of the magazine, and they rank the stories based on their personal opinion and interest. This creates the final story list for an issue. (As a side note we are looking for 2 more people for our Spring issue reader panel! Email for more information)
3) Selected stories are assigned to a writer and photographer (if required) who are provided with the angle of the story and the sources to call for interviews and more information about the topic to use in writing the story.
If your idea is selected
If your story is selected you will be contacted by a writer or someone from Saskatoon HOME with more details. Any story suggestions that are selected for the magazine have NO COST to the person or individual who suggests them.
All story suggestions must be received by email to be considered.
Subject: Story Idea
STORY SUGGESTION CHECK LIST:
- Email a sentence or two that outlines the idea of the story (you will not be asked to write the story yourself, a professional writer will be assigned if your story is selected).
- Attach any photos you feel may help explain your story suggestion.
We look forward to hearing from you!